Thursday, September 29, 2005

Returning to Bikram Yoga: 2nd class back!

Hip flexors, abdominal muscles. Again. Hip Flexors, abdominal muscles. I wasn't expecting those to be my weak spots today!
 
A little stiff for the second class back, in fact the first 20 mins were tough, but I felt mentally stronger. Less trembling, especially in the standing locked-out leg series. A little limited in my range of motion in some of the back-bending poses compared to the day before, but maybe that was because I was able to notice it this time!
 
Floor poses definitely better and a much better sense of well-being at the end of class. Can't wait to get back again - already after 2 classes I can feel my body responding and the heat providing its welcome cleanse. There is no doubt Bikram Yoga can create what we call 'first class miracles' (read some of them at http://www.bikram-yoga-noosa-australia.com/BikramTestimonials.htm).
 
I'm still a long way off were I was 'at' before - but that presupposes that someone is measuring progress (me!!), which is not what any yoga is about. Then after class one of our students said to me; "You always tell us it doesn't matter where you are at, it only matters that you are doing it". Thanks Annie, I knew that, honestly I did!!
 
Anyway, it really is a great pleasure to come back to the practice and feel the Bikram series doing what it is famed for: bringing flexibility, strength, balance and focus into our lives and blowing stress out the window ...
 
Namaste,
 
 
 
Robert Scanlon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home