Sunday, October 09, 2005

Feeling good, but alas, no Bikram Yoga this week!!

Oh dear. 3 classes in a row after nothing for over 8 months ... and then nothing again for a week!
 
I was away with work, too busy to do yoga in the hotel room, no Bikram studio available! But, the day after that 3rd class I felt awesome! Just like the old days (not with the range of motion I used to have of course), but it felt good. Anyway, back home now, so I'll have to get straight back into it. I could feel my internal organs really appreciating the cleanse too. My digestion felt better, my waistline had already shrunk some ... and only after 3 classes!
 
I tell you, this Bikram Yoga is really good, so deep and satisfying, it is a shame that some of the yoga community is a little -anti-Bikram. (Somewhat snobbishly I reckon!) as it really does suit the general tired and stressed modern day citizen. Oh well, we believe in it, so we'll just keep on keeping on and let the yoga and it's amazing results speak for itself.
 
So how many times should one practice?
 
Over 5 times a week is absolutely magnificent! 3 or 4 is good and you will notice progress. Twice per week is sufficient maintenance (holding position) if you are really unable to make any more classes.
 
But once per week? That's gonna be stiff and achy every week! And difficult to make any progress. Better than nothing I guess.
 
And feast and famine as I am currently experiencing? That's not good, too much up and down for the body. Hopefully this week, it will be a bit different ... I'll keep you informed!
 
Namaste,
 
 
 
Robert Scanlon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home